John Deere Z950R – 54” Side Discharge
£14,008 ex. VAT
1 in stock
Interested in this product? Call us on 01267 235 625.
Alternatively, pop in your detais below, and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
Petrol powered, full commercial
For those who want everyting in a zero-turn-mower you need to keep working your best from the start to finish – the power, the comfort, the cut quality.
- 19 kW (25.5 hp) at 3,250 rpm (Stage V)
- Forward speed: 19.3 km/h (12 mph)
- Mowing widths: 152 cm (60’’) or 183 cm (72’’)
- Optional MichelXTweel Turf Airless Radial Tires
The Z950R are powered by an air-cooled, vertical shaft engine:
- 19-kW (25.5-hp) gas engine at 3,250 rpm, 852-cc displacement
Engine features include:
- Overhead valve design
- More horsepower and torque per cubic inch of displacement
- Better fuel efficiency
- Full-pressure lubrication with full-flow filter
- Reduces engine wear by ensuring proper lubrication, even when operating on hillsides or uneven terrain
- Oil filter helps keep oil clean for increased engine life
- V-twin big block design
- Vertical shaft
- Easy-access, dual-element air filter with quick-release latch
- 15-amp alternator
- Fuel pump
- Complies with strict Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and California Air Resources Board (CARB) emission standards without loss of horsepower or torque
- Aluminum block engines
- Effectively dissipate heat
- Lightweight and strong construction
- Extend engine life due to elimination of debilitating engine temperatures
- Air-cooled engine design
AIR CLEANER FILTERS OUT DUST THAT CAN DAMAGE AN ENGINE
The ZTrak™ Z950R Mower is equipped with a dual-element, canister-style air filter, easily accessible from the rear of the machine without tools.
- The filtration system pulls clean air from above the engine, in turn filtering out the dust that can damage an engine over time.
- Filters are extremely easy to change when required.
- Pre-cleaner provides more protection against contamination in dusty and dirty applications.
MOW ALL DAY ON A SINGLE TANK OF FUEL WITH EFFICIENT AND EASY-TO-FILL FUEL TANK
The ZTrak Z950R Mower is equipped with one single-fill, top-draw fuel tank:
- 43.5-L (11.5-U.S. gal.) capacity enables operators to mow all day without refueling.
- The fuel gauge makes it quick and easy to see how much fuel is in the tank.
- Top draw provides added safety.
- A large fuel-filler neck is angled to make it easy for an operator to complete the fueling process.
Under normal conditions, load, and operation, fuel consumption for the Z950R ZTrak Mowers is 4.2 L/hr (1.1 U.S. gph) to 7.2 L/hr (1.9 U.S. gph), depending on the conditions.
The ZTrak™ Z950R Series Mower is equipped with a 137-cm (54-in.) or 152-cm (60-in.) side-discharge 7-Iron PRO deck.
DURABLE 7-IRON PRO DECKS PRESSED FROM A SINGLE PIECE OF STEEL
7-Iron PRO mower decks have demonstrated quality, performance, and durability. They deliver a high-quality cut in diverse conditions.
Key features of the 7-Iron PRO mower deck:
- Deck is stamped from 7-gauge, 4.6-mm (0.179-in.) steel to minimize the number of welds and provide a smooth underside with fewer sharp corners for reduced material buildup.
- Significantly fewer welds on the deck shell to wear or break – it is stamped from a single sheet of steel rather than multiple fabrications. An anti-skid step on the deck provides easy machine mounting.
- A deep-deck design of 14 cm (5.5 in.) delivers excellent airflow so material can be processed quickly and efficiently.
- The wider and higher discharge opening provides even clipping dispersal for an excellent finished appearance in all conditions.
- Deck has rectangular leading deck edge reinforcement and the rounded corners of the stamped deck help distribute impact stress to reduce the potential of damage when the mower contacts trees, rocks, curbs, and other fixed obstacles.
- Dual-captured front and rear anti-scalp wheels provide deck flotation over even the toughest terrain.
- Three 2.5-cm (1-in.), cold-forged spindles are heat-treated for strength without bulk and are supported by ball bearings, providing reliability and performance; spindle housings are ribbed cast aluminum providing both excellent strength and heat dissipation.
- The front edge is raised above the blade plane to allow even cutting of tall grass and is reinforced with a square bar for durability. The front baffle has been redesigned to better manage airflow and control clippings.
- Three spindle grease fittings are accessible from the top.
- Blade overlap is 40.6 mm (1.6 in.) to reduce striping between blades.
- Quick-change, cutting-height adjustment.
- Optional mulch kit for 137-cm (54-in.) deck
7-IRON PRO MOWER DECK
|Z950R – 137-cm (54-in.) Side Discharge, 152-cm (60-in.) Side Discharge|
The deck step safely aids the operator’s entrance and egress from machine.
For professional landscapers and government municipalities requiring rear discharge placement of grass and debris, John Deere FastBack PRO rear-discharge mower decks deliver a commercial zero-turn mowing solution for both gas and diesel machines. Advantages of a rear-discharge mower include:
- Less chance of damage from objects being thrown from the mower deck
- Time savings with the ability to mow closely around fixed objects with either side of the deck
- A cleaner mowing experience by lessening the amount of debris that can blow onto the operator
A rear-discharge mower deck is ideally suited for:
- Traffic areas (city boulevards, roadsides, etc.)
- Areas with long, grassy spots that need to be cut, where you are not as concerned about wide dispersal of grass (park areas, roadsides, etc.)
|ZTrak™ Z900 Series Model||60-in. (152-cm) Rear-Discharge Mower Deck||72-in. (183-cm) Rear-Discharge Mower Deck|
COMMERCIAL-QUALITY DECK DESIGN
A large volume of material can be thoroughly processed with the deep-deck design:
- Unique baffling system is designed to reduce clumping and windrowing often associated with rear-discharge mowers.
- Efficiency is enhanced with baffles surrounding each blade to control material as it is moved to the rear.
- Material exits the deck quickly as the baffles are lower at the rear.
- Movement of material is controlled to minimize the likelihood that clippings are thrown onto unwanted areas.
- Less debris gets on the operator as material is directed to the rear and toward the ground.
- Debris is kept low and directed into the turf by the flexible rear shield.
The deck is suspended from and supported by the machine to provide a level cut. Mower deck wheels and rollers help smooth out the mowing job in uneven conditions and reduce the chance of scalping the lawn:
- Two wide front rollers at the center of the mower support the deck when necessary to prevent scalping.
- Wheels at all four corners protect the deck from scalping at the sides of the mower.
- Continued effectiveness results from wheels and rollers that are double captured for extra strength, which reduces the chance of damage.
- Height of rollers and wheels is adjustable to suit mowing conditions.
- Higher setting (shown in images) are used when mowing at lower cut heights and for rougher conditions at all cut heights where you want to reduce the chance of the wheels hitting the ground.
- Lower settings are used for higher cut heights and for helping to smooth out the mowing job.
- Mower cut height is adjustable from 2.54 to 14 cm (1 to 5.5 in.) in 0.64-cm (0.25-in.) increments from the machine operator’s station.
HEAVY-DUTY COMPONENTS FOR LONG LIFE
These rear-discharge decks are designed to stand up to heavy-duty commercial use:
- Superior strength and durability come from a 7-gauge, 4.56-mm (0.179-in.) steel deck.
- Experience extra strength and long life with a fabricated deck design that is formed, welded, and reinforced for extra protection from damage.
- The front of the deck is protected from damage by a 3.8-cm (1.5-in.) tall by 1.3-cm (0.5-in.) thick solid steel bar welded to the mower deck for additional strength.
- Both sides of the deck have bumpers that are made from compression molded ultra-high molecular weight (UHMW) polyethylene plastic.
- The bumpers provide great abrasion resistance to protect the machine and the property.
- Additional strength is provided by a 1.3-cm (0.5-in.) by 1.3-cm (0.5-in.) thick solid steel bar.
Durability is designed into the mower blade drive system:
- Reliably powered by a universal joint shaft drive from the vehicle transmission
- To a heavy-duty right-angle, cast-iron gearbox
- To a dependable v-belt drive system
Extra reliability and long life are provided by cast-iron blade spindle housings:
- Ductile cast-iron material provides superior impact strength.
- Gusseted design puts reinforcement where it is needed.
- Strength of cast iron protects against damage from blade impacts.
- Easy access grease fittings are mounted at the top of the spindle shafts for convenience.
- Grease pressure-relief valve minimizes seal damage from overfilling with grease and keeps debris from entering housing.
- Chance of deck-shell damage is minimized with the 20.3-cm (8-in.) diameter housing and six mounting bolts that distribute loads and impacts.
- Ability to be reliably rebuilt is provided by use of cast iron.
EASE OF SERVICE
Minimal service requirements increase uptime:
- Convenient spindle greasing with fittings at the top of spindle shafts are accessible through a hole in the top of the spindle/belt covers.
- The center spindle is accessed by no-tools removal of the vehicle floor pan.
- There is only one belt to service.
Extra convenience and security are provided by a serrated surface that is welded to the top left corner of the deck, providing additional traction when entering and exiting the operator station.
Two seat choices offer exceptional operator comfort to platform design to offer exceptional operator comfort
There are two seating options available for the R Series, all of which are factory installed
- Deluxe comfort seat with armrests and isolation
- Fully adjustable suspension seat with armrests
COMFORTGLIDE FORE/AFT SUSPENSION
Each seat has the ComfortGlide fore/aft suspension system that gives superior ride comfort over uneven areas:
- Seat can travel up to 50.8 mm (2 in.) fore and aft to absorb bumps for a significant enhancement to ride comfort.
- Control lever provides the ability to easily lock out fore/aft suspension movement if desired.
- One lever has three functions:
- Slide seat forward and back 10.2 cm (3 in.) to allow the operator the ability to choose the leg room needed
- Activate ComfortGlide fore/aft seat suspension
- Lock out ComfortGlide fore/aft seat suspension
DELUXE COMFORT SEAT WITH ARMRESTS AND ISOLATION
The deluxe comfort seat with armrests and isolation comes standard on the Z950R:
- Rubber springs are provided to isolate the seat base and to increase ride comfort.
- A convenient seat latch makes it easy to lift the seat.
- Isolation mounting is a good feature to reduce vibration for operators who do not require the fully adjustable suspension seat option.
- Factory installed on Z900s ordered with the deluxe comfort seat with armrests and isolation option.
FULLY ADJUSTABLE SUSPENSION SEAT WITH ARMRESTS
A fully adjustable suspension seat with armrests option is available on the Z950R:
- Adjustable back angle is provided for individual operator comfort.
- Adjustable lumbar support helps to suit the needs of the operator.
- A suspension seat control dial gives easy adjustment for operator weight and ride comfort.
- A convenient seat latch provides ease of lifting the seat.
DESIGNED FOR OPERATOR COMFORT
Two-lever hydrostatic control provides the following:
- The operator can select the ground speed and direction control simply by moving levers forward or reverse.
- Positive neutral lock position for levers provides added safety.
- Brake & Go operator-presence system returns levers to the neutral position when the brake pedal is actively engaged.
- Starting the machines is as easy as starting a car. It no longer matters if the control levers are extended out or pulled in, as long as the parking brake is engaged. Just turn the key and go.
- Wide-bend, large-diameter steering levers swing out easily for entry and exit from the operator platform.
Foot pegs help in providing the operator with a comfortable foot placement:
- Location and angle of foot pegs can be adjusted for individual operator comfort.
FOOT PLATFORM ISOLATORS
Foot platform isolators provide the operator with added comfort:
- Vibration to the legs and feet is reduced.
BRAKE & GO STARTING SYSTEM
The Brake & Go starting system is a John Deere exclusive. This feature makes the starting process on all ZTrak™ mowers easier, while also making it possible to remove two interlock switches from the machine.
The Brake & Go starting procedure helps a novice operator look and feel like a professional. To start the machine, the parking brake must be engaged. It does not matter whether the power take-off (PTO) switch is on or off, nor does it matter if the control levers are pulled in or in the out position.
As long as the parking brake is engaged, the machine will start. When the parking brake is applied, the control levers cannot be moved to the forward or reverse positions.
The motion control levers have two height positions and can also be adjusted forward or rearward within the slotted holes. The levers should be adjusted so the operator can achieve a full range of control operation comfortably.
The easy-to-turn (from-the-seat) tracking adjustment allows operators to keep their mowers straight and able to produce professional striping results.
ONBOARD STORAGE AND CUP HOLDER
Several storage areas are provided on the ZTrak machines. A convenient cup holder is also available.
RIGHT-HAND CONTROL PANEL
The controls are grouped together on the right console, providing one central location for key switch, throttle, PTO engagement, height-of-cut, diagnostics, and hour meter:
- Rocker-type PTO switch
- Height-of-cut knob with transport lock
- Key switch
- Hour meter
- Separate choke control
- Easy choke operation yields less fouling of plugs
EASY-TO-OPERATE HEIGHT-OF-CUT ADJUSTMENT ENABLES ON-THE-GO CHANGES
An easy-to-use cutting-height lift system allows the operator to adjust the mower deck height with no tools and minimal effort. The easy-to-grip knob allows operators to dial in the desired height of cut (HOC).
Cutting height can be adjusted from approximately 2.5 cm to 14 cm (1 in. to 5.5 in.). Each increment on the knob adjusts the HOC approximately 6 mm (0.25 in.). The deck can also be raised and locked in a transport position to provide maximum ground clearance when moving the machine from one area to another.
The transport lock function allows the deck to be returned to the previous HOC after being in the transport position:
- Use the foot-lift pedal to lift the deck and engage the transport lock.
- Rotate the knob to adjust from 2.5 cm to 14 cm (1 in. to 5.5 in.) in 6-mm (0.25-in.) increments.
This design increases productivity by allowing operators to change the cutting height without having to leave the seat.
Standard comfort and convenience allows for easy deck height adjustment and power take-off (PTO) shutoff
The comfort and convenience levers on the Z950R combine large, ergonomically angled control levers with specially padded grips to provide unmatched comfort and reduced fatigue:
Keeps hands on the control sticks to minimize equipment damage and make them more comfortable over long operating days.
The control levers have built-in electronic controls to raise or lower the mower deck or disengage the mower blades.
The push button (A) on the left motion control lever raises the mower deck.
The push button (B) on the right-hand control lever shuts off the PTO.
Once the PTO has been shut off using the button, the PTO switch must be pushed down and pulled up again to engage the PTO.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Sign up to our alerts service and get details of all used equipment by email